What’s the very first thing your youngsters say if you inform them you’re happening a trip to Orlando?
“Yay, we can go to Universal Orlando Resort!”
On this journey, we had the intention of mendacity poolside for every week with 20 buddies in our luxurious trip residence. I didn’t need to stroll outdoors the entrance door, particularly after spending 10 days at Disneyland in Anaheim the week earlier than.
Having fun with our villa in Orlando
Nicely you already know that youngsters rule, and so after packing their luggage, I reluctantly agreed to give them someday solely at Universal in a partnership with KKday.
To be trustworthy, I really like Universal Studios Orlando, particularly due to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and The Hulk curler coaster. So I used to be completely happy to dedicate at some point at Universal Studios Florida.
We determined to get a park hopper ticket so we might expertise the Harry Potter World in full.
Our largest concern was:
How have been we going to do Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Journey in in the future? Was all of it attainable?
Sure and No. It is dependent upon a couple of issues, which we’ll define under.
As we had visited Universal final yr, we already had a good suggestion of what we needed to see and do.
This saved us a whole lot of time and even allowed us time to chill out over lunch at the Arduous Rock Café in Universal Metropolis Stroll with buddies.
It meant that we had a really relaxed and pleasurable time at Universal.
- 1 Select the Fundamental Universal Theme Park You Need to Go to
- 2 Go at the Proper Time of Yr
- 3 Contemplate a Park Hopper Ticket
- 4 Keep at One of many Universal Orlando Motels
- 5 Be Environment friendly with Your Time
- 6 Get a Universal Categorical Move
- 7 Use Baby Swap
- 8 What Sort of Theme Park Rides and Exhibits Do You Like?
- 9 What are the Greatest Rides at Universal Orlando Resort?
- 10 Bonus Video – Universal Orlando Resort Ideas:
- 11 PIN THIS TO SHARE ON PINTEREST:
Select the Fundamental Universal Theme Park You Need to Go to
What sort of expertise are you in search of at the Universal Studios Orlando?
Would you like a number of exhibits, characters, and simulator rides? In that case, Universal Studios could also be the only option for you.
Would you like extra thrill rides and water rides? Then Islands of Journey can be for you.
Do you simply need a day of enjoyable by the water and doing a couple of rides? Then Volcano Bay water park would be the greatest Universal Orlando theme park to go to.
Go at the Proper Time of Yr
Diagon Alley in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Universal Studios
Selecting the best time to go to Universal Studios Orlando or Islands of Journey will prevent loads of time, which makes doing the theme park in in the future simpler.
We’ve visited the theme parks in Florida twice now in November and have been very lucky to have low crowds.
On this current go to, we went the day after Halloween, which I extremely advocate. The crowds have been so low and the climate nonetheless heat!
It occasion meant an Categorical Cross (quick cross) was not vital!
Our longest wait was 10 minutes and we have been in a position to journey our favourite rides a number of occasions. A few of our get together even went house earlier than closing as a result of we had completed every little thing!
It’s fairly straightforward to get all of your should dos executed at Universal when you don’t have excessive crowds.
When you do go through the off-season like this then I like to recommend the subsequent tip.
Contemplate a Park Hopper Ticket
Boarding Hogwarts Categorical which takes you between the 2 parks!
A Park Hopper is a ticket that permits you to hop from park to park and transfer between Universal Studios and Islands of Journey. You possibly can even get a 3 park hopper, so you may also go to Universal’s Volcano Bay.
To be trustworthy, I feel doing three parks in in the future can be very difficult.
The most effective cause to buy a park hopper ticket is as a result of it permits you to see all the Wizarding World of Harry Potter as this world is cut up in two.
The Diagon Alley part is in Universal Studios, and the Hogsmeade/Hogwarts Citadel is within the Islands of Journey theme park.
The excellent news is butterbeer could be bought in each.
Diagon Alley is my favourite part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Diagon Alley isn’t in Universal Studios Hollywood the place we visited just some weeks earlier than.
We needed the Park Hopper ticket so we might expertise casting spells in Diagon Alley yet one more time.
I want they might create new Universal Orlando tickets that allow you to entry simply each side of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter as an alternative of getting to pay for 2 parks in case you solely actually need to go to one.
Keep at One of many Universal Orlando Motels
Cabana Bay Seashore Resort
Should you solely have someday to spend at the Universal Orlando theme parks then I like to recommend staying at one of many Universal Orlando Resort motels.
The excellent news is there’s a lodge to go well with each price range. We stayed at the Cabana Bay Seashore Lodge final yr and it was fairly reasonably priced.
Right here’s why you need to keep at one of many theme park motels:
- You’re situated proper close to the theme parks, which makes it simpler to get in.
- You get free shuttles to the parks and for a few of the motels you’ll be able to even stroll straight in. This implies no costly parking charges for you, that are about $22 a day.
- You get entry to early park admission within the Universal theme parks. It will undoubtedly show you how to see and do every thing you need to in at some point. The additional hour means almost no strains in your favourite rides. I might head straight to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter as this tends to be the busier. Gringotts and The Forbidden Journey may be the busiest rides in Universal Orlando Resort.
- For some choose Universal Resorts you get free Universal Categorical passes. Quick passes can be very important in the event you intend to do Universal in at some point in the course of the excessive season. So that you may discover some good financial savings by staying at one of many Universal inns.
Listed here are 5 Universal Resort Motels to select from (so as of Price range to Luxurious):
Be Environment friendly with Your Time
It’s by no means too early for Butterbeer!
Know the Universal Orlando opening hours, particularly when you have a park hopper!
Time your go to on a day the place the opening hours are longer. This often occurs on a Friday or Saturday. (Word this does imply crowds will probably be bigger.)
We visited on a Thursday. Islands of Journey hours have been 9-8pm, and Universal Studios have been Eight-5pm (closing early as their Halloween Horror nights have been nonetheless operating)
Right here’s how to be environment friendly:
- Get there for opening hour
- Schedule in any exhibits you need to see
- Do all of the busy rides first round your present schedule
- Deal with one land at a time should you can to keep away from losing time strolling forwards and backwards.
- Within the areas between you’ll be able to forged your spells, drink butterbeer, have lunch, meet with characters, buy groceries, and take a look at any of the opposite random issues to look at
- Catch the sunshine present over Hogwarts Fort
- Go residence at closing hour
Mild present over Hogwarts Citadel in Hogsmeade, Islands of Journey
Ensure to have a fast and straightforward lunch. Don’t do a full serve restaurant should you solely have in the future at Universal. It’ll take up fairly a little bit of your time.
When you have meals allergic reactions you’ll be able to usher in your personal meals, which can make issues a lot extra environment friendly and reasonably priced.
As we had the park hopper, we might go into Universal Studios at 8am, the place there have been nearly no crowds, and do Diagon Alley and experience Gringotts.
After which head over to Islands of Journey to meet with our buddies, driving the Hogwarts Categorical to get there.
As we had accomplished Universal Studios earlier than, and like Islands of Journey, we didn’t do anything in Universal Studios.
Nevertheless, we might have had loads of time to slot in a couple of of our favourite rides over there. I remorse not doing the Rip Experience Rockit another time and never making an attempt out the brand new Quick and Livid journey.
Get a Universal Categorical Move
Pteranodon Flyers experience, Islands of Journey
Sure, a Universal Categorical Cross will improve the price of your journey to Universal Orlando Resort.
However, should you saved for this lengthy, and you’re already investing numerous money and time, I’d think about placing slightly bit extra into the price of a quick cross.
The very last thing you need is your reminiscences of your dream Universal trip to be of you ready and ready and ready in strains.
A Universal Categorical Cross might flip a daily hour lengthy wait into fifteen minutes.
Simply consider what number of extra rides you’ll be able to expertise by leaping the queue…legally.
Universal Categorical passes begin at $40.
You’ll be able to all the time improve your ticket to Categorical Passes as soon as you’re contained in the park, that means you possibly can first scope out what the crowds can be like in case they’re actually low and categorical passes aren’t so invaluable.
Use Baby Swap
Most of the rides have the kid swap space the place one member of your loved ones can wait with the little youngsters whereas the remainder of your get together rides.
As soon as they’re off the experience, you swap locations and whoever rode can stick with the youngsters whereas the grownup(s) who sat out get the chance to benefit from the journey.
That is how one can save time and have multiple flip in your favourite journey.
What Sort of Theme Park Rides and Exhibits Do You Like?
Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge Rat Barges experience, Islands of Journey
One factor that makes doing the theme parks in in the future in Orlando attainable is that most of the rides are simulator rides, just like the Simpsons experience and Spider Man.
After some time these rides have a tendency to be repetitive and trigger movement illness for me!
So maybe select the one or two you most need to do and skip the remaining.
Figuring out what rides and exhibits you want will help you propose higher.
You need to use the Universal app to see what the journey wait occasions are, in addition to any occasions for exhibits, or the place your favourite characters could also be.
What are the Greatest Rides at Universal Orlando Resort?
Persevering with on from the earlier query, it does rely upon what you want?
Listed here are my favourite rides I like to recommend you don’t miss at Universal Orlando Resort. These are those we do greater than as soon as.
Islands of Journey rides:
The Unimaginable Hulk coaster, Islands of Journey
- Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey – strains will probably be lengthy right here, so make this one in every of your early morning stops.
- The Unimaginable Hulk Coaster– this can be a fast paced experience, so strains usually transfer shortly. It can save you this for the busy occasions. That is my favourite curler coaster ever!
- Physician Doom’s Fearfall – This one is usually a sluggish loading experience, so you may want to do that early (or later) when the strains are low.
- Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges – River run journey strains typically transfer shortly. This was one of the crucial enjoyable river rides we’ve executed. We obtained soaking moist and bumped round fairly a bit. This journey is ideal for these scorching days.
- Jurassic Park River Journey– once more, could be a quick loading journey. The top shock makes this journey fairly enjoyable.
- The Excessive within the Sky Seuss Trolley Practice – good for youthful youngsters like our Savannah and people who are youngsters at coronary heart. Colourful, rhythmic, enjoyable and providing nice views of the park.
Universal Studios rides:
Rip Experience Rockit curler coaster, Universal Studios
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts – one other widespread journey with lengthy loading time due to the pre-ride leisure (simply put me on the journey!!) So go right here early because it’s common.
- Hollywood Rip Journey Rockit – quick paced curler coaster like The Hulk so the road can transfer fairly quick. Don’t overlook to select your favourite music.
- Transformers the 3D experience– we didn’t do that experience at Universal Studios Orlando however did at Universal Studios Hollywood and favored it. It’s widespread so time it proper!
- Revenge of the Mummy – All the time a enjoyable curler coaster at midnight. Could be a busy journey, though strains transfer quick.
Volcano Bay has a terrific journey reservation service that’s out there at no cost to all park ticket holders.
You’ll be able to time your rides and keep away from queues. It makes for an easy and enjoyable day at Universal.
- Krakatau Aqua Coaster
- Ohyay and Ohno Drop Slides
- TeAwa the Fearless River
- Ko’kiri physique plunge, Kala & Tui Nui Serpentine Physique Slides
Don’t overlook to drink a lot of butterbeer and forged many spells together with your interactive wands – I feel these two issues to do at Universal Flroida.
Take pleasure in your in the future at the Universal theme parks. I promise will probably be value it and your day shall be full of many lifelong reminiscences.
Bonus Video – Universal Orlando Resort Ideas:
PIN THIS TO SHARE ON PINTEREST:
Which Universal Orlando theme park would you select to do? What tickets have you ever purchased, and do you’ve gotten an annual move? Please add any additional Universal ideas under!